- I hate sushi. I know the rest of the world loves it and it’s a huge trend right now but I can’t do it. I cannot eat raw fish. I can eat the avocado (sometimes) rolls and the cooked salmon ones but that’s it, and that’s only if I’m being forced to go to a sushi place.
- I don’t love tea that much. I know there’s people that drink it every single day. I like it occasionally but I’m SO picky about my flavors. I’m very unlikely to finish it all the way as well. I think I like the idea of tea but I don’t actually love it that much.
- I HATE Adventuretime. I fail to see the appeal of this show. All the internet nerds that I have everything else in the world in common with like it but I just don’t get it. I think the animation is childish but occasionally the content isn’t? I’ve tried to give it a chance. I just hate it…and most of the other things that Cartoon Network does.
- I don’t understand the appeal of CandyCrush…or any of its many offspring games. I liked Bejeweled Blitz, that was timed and there were no levels, it’s brainless gem matching. I don’t get the CandyCrush obsession. I played it once and I don’t get how so many people are so addicted to it. Maybe I’m just not the target audience.
- Old movies and books and music is just better. I know it’s an opinion but my catch phrase should be “They don’t make them like they used to”. That pretty much goes for everything. People, manners, books, movies, music, celebrities, buildings, clothes. There are a lot of things about the modern era that I love…but we have left a lot of history behind and if we aren’t careful, we’re going to lose it. I seriously wish time travel were possible because if it were, I would use the heck out a TARDIS or a Delorean or a Time Turner. Once in a blue moon, there will be an actress, movie, book or song that makes me stop for a second and say “Wow…that’s…amazing.” but it’s a rare treat when that happens.
So there ya go…5 reasons I might be a hipster. Or maybe I’m just really picky about life, who knows. Keep Sifting Through Shelves to find what you enjoy!