Check out some of the awesome thing’s I’ve been loving this month and subscribe!
So among the blogosphere I have found that people like to share (and people like it when they share) their monthly favorites. However, I don’t favorite things, I become obsessed with them. This month…I’m obsessed with the following
- http://www.dailylook.com : Ok, you caught me…I’m obsessed with fashion, beauty, all things style, from me to my house. DailyLook is very popular among the YouTube and beauty blog crowd so I decided to take a look to see what it’s all about…and I’m hooked. I haven’t bought anything because I’m quite broke but still, it’s such a fun website to window shop on that I could spend all day on it…but I don’t, I swear! If you want to check it out, check it out (and if you find something purchase worthy, purchase away!) via this link because it helps me get look points to shop with and you can do the same with your friends. http://www.DailyLook.com/?refMemberID=87410568934919854&aaid=inviteGet15
- New Girl- Clearly I’m behind the bandwagon on this one, but I just started watching it, literally tonite and I’m hooked. I don’t necessarily like the movie star hot shot that Zoey Deschanel has become as I knew her as an underrated actress and musician first but hey, the comedy is quite relatable to my life and it’s witty. (technically this is a July favorite but hey, I was excited)
- Anthony Bourdain- I watched No Reservations all the time and went to look for it on Netflix and didn’t find it, sad day. What I did find was Unknown Parts! I watched everything that was on Netflix and fell back in love with the sense of humor I had forgotten about since giving up cable and Travel Channel with it. Now I have a serious travel bug! I have since found his old show A Cook’s Tour on Amazon Prime and I am working my way through that. I’m dying to read his books, starting with Kitchen Confidential, hopefully as I travel, because, you know, that would be epic.
- Cucumber water- I know this is random and odd but stay with me. I went to the Grand Floridian Senses Spa for my birthday and since then…I’m hooked. They had spa cucumber water there and I am now obsessed with drinking it all the time. It’s so refreshing and calming, I don’t know what it is (besides having drunk it in the most calming place I have ever been) but it’s just wonderful.
- Old Movies- I love old moves to begin with and I have always loved them. My Fair Lady legit changed my life. But more on that in another article. This month I have especially been drawn to old movies. I went on the Great Movie Ride in Disney’s Hollywood Studios one day and thought to myself “they don’t make em like this anymore” which is super depressing to thing about. But I watched Footlight Parade and fell in love with it, Manhattan, the Woody Allen Flick (no I’m not fond of his recently brought to light life choices) but the movie was charming, as his movies always are. Arsenic and Old Lace has been a favorite of mine since my roommate made my watch it in college, and I had forgotten just how horrified and hysterical Carey Grant’s face can really get. It was just a great movie month. I also had the pleasure of watching Song of the South, a rare treat!
- Zoella, Marcus Butler, Thatcher Joe and Alfie on YouTube- Now, every year around Vidcon, I discover new YouTubers. These ones I discovered just before Vidcon and I love them all. I discovered Zoella through Tyler Oakley, and all of the others from Zoella, since everyone but Tyler is from around the same area (at least that’s what I gather) in the U.K. They all have amazing channels and I encourage you to check them out, along with my channel (link here). They really re-inspired me to become involved with the YouTube community and I think I’m going to keep at it, along with this blog. So, view, subscribe and share! Everyone helps!
- Social Media in General- I have always loved social media, always used it, always loved how it connects people who are incredibly far away. But this month, I rediscovered how much I really do love it. How many amazing ideas you can find on pinterest, how many amazing YouTubers there are, how many creative people live in the wonderful world of Tumblr and how creative people can be in 140 characters on twitter.
- The idea of old fashioned rail travel- I recently discovered that there is a real rail line that functions much like the old fashioned railways in the Golden Age of Rail Travel. I would majorly love to take one of these trips and see what it was like to really travel in style, old suitcases or trunks and all. I would love to take a 2-3 day rail trip just to see what it’s like. Everyone travels by plane now a days and while I love doing that as much as the next person, I would love to just ride the rails for a bit.
- Decorating- I haven’t even moved into my new apartment yet and I am already dying to start decorating. Now, some of it will have to wait till I’m a bit more financially secure but I love the idea of settling into a place and making it my own, with my own little touches. My spaces may look a bit divided and strange at first as I find a balance between my Disney and artistic style but I think a balance can be reached and it will look mad cool. As soon as I’m settled in and decorated, I will be filming an apartment tour.
- Style- Now, I’ve always been in love with style. It’s how you define what’s on the inside on the outside. I love jewelry, I love makeup and I love clothes, shoes and accessories. I just love how you can make your style all your own and since I don’t particularly care how people perceive my style, unless I am in a professional setting, I do just that. I have my own look, sometimes several different ones in a week, from preppy, to vintage to bohemian, I love it all. Since I wear a uniform to work, I don’t get to express my personal style particularly often but I do love it when I do!
Let me know the things you are obsessing over this month in the comments! I love learning about what people are loving at the moment! Follow me on Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook etc to see what I’m up to and get the most up to date posts. Follow the blog, subscribe to my channel and Keep Sifting Through Shelves.